Birding Indian River County's Treasures
One of the best places in the world to bird is Florida, and Indian River County and the surrounding areas does not disappoint. Whether you are an experienced birder or just a casual birder, or just love to be outdoors amongst Florida's natural treasures, there is something here for you. This guide will introduce you to some of the birding sites in Indian River County and the surrounding area.
Most of these areas are very attractive to migrating birds, especially Warblers, along with wading birds year round.
Choose a location from the left hand menu to start your adventure. . . .
Pelican Island Audubon's Special Places in
Indian River County
Welcome to Audubon's campaign to protect the places that make Florida special. Audubon of Florida is encouraging all chapters to designate Special Places in their area.
Saving Our Indian River County Special Places!
Pelican Island Audubon has designated the following five locations in Indian River County as Special Places as part of the Audubon of Florida program.
- Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park & the St. Sebastian River
- Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Blue Cypress Lake
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- West Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility
Click green ovals on map to view information on each
Indian River County Special Places site.
For more information, visit Audubon of Florida's Special Places
eBird Global tools for birders, critical data for science. Everyone, amateurs an experts, record your bird observations and add to our list!
- Want to know what birds have been seen in Indian River County? See recorded eBird observations in Indian River County Click on species name for location map
- View the Pelican Island Audubon field trip eBird lists.
- For more great birding locations, visit the Great Florida Birding Trail
Basic Birding at Sebastian Inlet State Park by Bob Barbour